Olivia Counts!

Image result for olivia counts bookWelcome back, it's time for everyone's least favorite subject-math. But do not worry because I am going to share with you a book that will make you rethink your hatred of this subject. We all know that children can pick a certain character, topic, or series that they love and will want to talk to everyone. Whether that is Peppa Pig, Elmo, Cinderella, Catboy, or Spiderman, they gravitate to their special interests like magnets. Personally, I love the "Olivia" series books and the show that goes with it. I also know quite a few preschoolers who feel the same way. Searching for a math related book lead me to a gem: "Olivia Counts." 



This book features number one to ten with graphics on every page that can be counted. This is a short book so you can interact with your students on every page, such as having them count along with you. Early preschoolers need to be able to learn the counting skill and this book is a great way to introduce or practice counting.

Comments

  1. I used to love these books when I was a kid! I used to read them all time time. I specifically remember reading this one as a little girl. I think young kids would find this book engaging because of the small sentences and big pictures. Also, it wouldn't be too hard for them to read on their own so it could be good counting and reading practice at the same time. This book is a very good choice, good job Madi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the point you made on children gravitating to their interests! That is exactly right! I also enjoy the book you chose! The pictures are nicely illustrated which would instantly draw in students! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks really fun and engaging for students to read. I think you've done a great job starting your blog, grabbing the audience attention. This book looks like a great way for students to learn how to count, especially with toys that young children enjoy. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sea, Sand, Me!